Well... This ain't my traditional shrimp and grits. We had several people over on Saturday night to watch the game and they all just kind of migrated here. We ended up with 8 total so fortunately had several pounds of shrimp from Pascagoula, MS. seeing as I was just there last week for work. So Mrs. Irish and I did a shrimp boil with red potatoes, fresh corn, baby carrots, smoked sausage etc...

As it turns out we ended up with a lot left over and just dumped it all into a giant Ziploc. We also had a bunch of stone ground, cheese grits left over from Saturday morning so I oiled a casserole dish and layered them into it, covered them in plastic and put it in the fridge.

So tonight I cut up the grits into little squares and fried them in butter on the griddle. Sauteed some Vidalia onion, bell pepper, garlic, what was left of the smoked sausage in a cast iron skillet, hell I even scraped the kernels off the fresh corn and pit it in there. I added a little organic, uncured bacon grease, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning. I de-glazed the pan with some chardonnay while Mrs. Irishguy wasn't watching. Then I added some chicken stock, and a little corn meal to thicken and then poured in some half and half before adding all the cooked shrimp Mrs. Irish had been peeling all this time just long enough to get them hot and the sauce to thicken.

I plated the little golden grit squares of goodness and ladled the shrimp and fixins over the top and garnished with a little chopped green onion and some cayenne pepper for some heat and served it with some buttered, toasted French bread.

I would have eaten thirds, but I'm trying to maintain my slim girlish figure. grin

Pics if your still hungry...