Was that something he said at a different time Drdeadchef? [/quote]

I asked him again on the field and he told me that was the only place they were illegal in the state.
I was not about to argue with him after all the attitude I saw him give other people .
I am glad he takes such pride in this place but he is still JUST a state employee, NOT the landowner. I also wish it was open more then the few times it is. When he said he needed it early to hold birds fir the next shoot I knew that was BS , because the next scheduled shot was 4 weeks later. like that one afternoon was going to ruin it for a month away. Unless his buddies were going to be there the next day.
I am grateful fr the time I spent with my son being as this is his last year to youth hunt, and I have always like the DCNR hunts until this one. But when my youngest didn't want to get out of the truck to shake his hand because he was intimidated by him. It bummed me out because my boys usually have the utmost respect for law enforcement. I hope that enough people have called Montgomery and asked that maybe he take the weekend off next year.