Dallas, I grew up in Selma. I have hunted a lot of the land on 41 South from snow hill to minter to pleasant hill to pine barren, public and private. I have hunted Portland Landing and Tilden but the only cougars we ever saw were just past 89 41 intersection. In those days there was a green slate house on the right as you passed 89, on the right. The damn cats ran thru his front yard. I saw this occur 3 or 4 times with my daddy... we had to slam on brakes in his truck... We thought nothing of it and assumed everyone saw/knew what we knew..... I have also seen cougars on the donald land near pineapple while camping out bass fishing, about 1977-78..If memory serves me it is near 21 and 89 intersection by the old Bluebird Inn.. (black juke joint in the 70s)

Edited to add the only cougars I ever saw on the road was at 89/41 intersection. Beyond me and my father, others in the club saw them there also plus like us, along the dallas/wilcox county line/ pine barren creek area (private land, Miller lumber land, diamond tree cutter land)

Last edited by bluetick; 11/22/11 10:25 PM.