I can't say for sure that I've seen one so I won't say I have because I'm not 100% sure it was a panther. I have two friends that wouldn't lie to me and they said they have seen them. One friend lives in Adler which is about 8 miles from Sprott. He and his daughter were coming home from Selma one night and one crossed the road. They said it was a big brown cougar. He also was disking his garden spot and a gray or charcoal colored panther ran down a wood line 10 yards from his tractor. When he got close to the edge where it came from he found a hen turkey that it had killed and was eating. He figured that's why it let him get so close before it ran. My other friend probably saw the same one during turkey season about 500 yards from the other friends garden spot. He saw three does trott in front of him and the panther was following them. He was about 75 yards away and hunting the National Forest. He said it wasn't chasing the deer but it went in the same direction. The locals in that area say they have been seeing them for years. I don't hunt down there any more so I guess I'll never know for sure. Maybe I'll see one in Blount County. confused

Last edited by BamaBart; 11/22/11 09:40 PM.