</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Looking to Buy
by Big Bore. 06/10/24 10:03 PM
FS Rem 700 MTN 270 WIN
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 06:58 PM
Rem Model Seven LSS 358
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 04:54 PM
FS Rem 11-87 Premier 12ga Light Contour
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 03:40 PM
2 Tree Loungs Climbing Stands
by BigUncleLeroy. 06/10/24 02:16 PM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by blumsden. 06/11/24 01:52 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 06/10/24 09:45 AM
Feeders and Hogs
by PYhunter. 06/09/24 10:27 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by 2 ducks. 06/08/24 07:48 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Diamond Mountain Club
by Stoney. 06/09/24 08:30 PM
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Who's Online Now
102 registered members (dave260rem!, CarbonClimber1, mauvilla, square, Chaser1, 3Gs, BCLC, HSV. HUNTER, sanderson, NotsoBright, Marengo hunter, JD_Bowhunter1976, Turkey, Jtb51b, lefthorn, PourIron12, Woodsy, zwick, KHOOKS, Frankie, Fishduck, Okatuppa, Camden86, ferbama, ts1979flh, clayk, AU7MM08, woodduck, GrandSlam, GoldenEagle, Mike59, 270wsm, Wahoo, MikeP, mossyback, centralala, cdaddy14, Spec, chrismims, Ant67, paintrock, GomerPyle, Raven, Tree Dweller, curt99rsv, Smitty4Bama, Zbrann, 7PTSPREAD, Driveby, fish_blackbass, Bigem1958, sawdust, hallb, hamma, JCL, Shane99, RebFormanUDA, CNC, BradB, hawndog, CCC, JDW25, Squadron77, leroyb, Backwards cowboy, dawgdr, Ten37, canine933, donia, kodiak06, Buckshot77, crenshawco, Petey, brett.smith, booner, hippi, cullbuck, tombo51, outdoorguy88, Holcomb, Chancetribe, Gunpowder, rkt, longshot, Team_Stuckem, AU338MAG, murf205, aubigmac, Shaneomac2, Bcleck90, Booger, ronfromramer, foldemup, mopar, Canterberry, dagwood, 6 invisible), 670 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2233843
09/22/17 09:27 AM
09/22/17 09:27 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

Water covered much of the earth until about 2.5 billion years ago.

About 400 million years ago the first multi-cellular organisms appeared on land that came out of the sea.

Sharks have been around about 450 million years and have survived all the major extinctions

Crocodiles 200 million years.

Sabre Toothed Cats roamed North American from about 40 million years ago until 11,000 years ago. It is hard for me to comprehend how long that is and I consider myself a very intelligent person. That is undeniable. They have their skulls which were pulled out of the La Brea tar pits. That is as real as it gets. Along with a horde of other animals and plant life.

The last Ice Age began about 2.6 million years ago and ended about 12,000 years ago. The earth has gone through more geological and climate changes in 4.5 billion years than you can shake a stick at.

I don't care what your religion is these are the facts. Reconcile them however you like but to deny them is absurd in my opinion. I became interested in geology as a child. We were actually Squirrel hunting in Jackson County. I looked over at a rock on Sharp Mountain and saw the fossil of several Crinoids and Brachiopods in the rock. Clearly was ocean/marine life. So I took a sledge hammer back up there and broke it off and took it to school.

I did not understand how that got there. That's when I learned that North Alabama rocks were once the bottom of shallow seas between the Cambrian and Pennsylvanian Periods of the Paleozoic Era. And that these fossils I had found and took to school are older than the dinosaurs.

I would encourage anyone regardless of their religious beliefs and views on evolution to objectively maybe just look at some of this stuff. I would encourage visiting the Natural History Museum in New York if you are ever there and/or the Smithsonian in Washington.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: The Ark? [Re: Goatkiller] #2233852
09/22/17 09:37 AM
Lake View, AL
Joe4majors Offline
14 point
Joe4majors  Offline
14 point
Lake View, AL
Originally Posted By: Goatkiller

About 400 million years ago the first multi-cellular organisms appeared on land that came out of the sea.

Sharks have been around about 450 million years and have survived all the major extinctions

Sabre Toothed Cats roamed North American from about 40 million years ago until 11,000 years ago. It is hard for me to comprehend how long that is and I consider myself a very intelligent person. That is undeniable. They have their skulls which were pulled out of the La Brea tar pits. That is as real as it gets. Along with a horde of other animals and plant life.

The last Ice Age began about 2.6 million years ago and ended about 12,000 years ago. The earth has gone through more geological and climate changes in 4.5 billion years than you can shake a stick at.

I don't care what your religion is these are the facts. Reconcile them however you like but to deny them is absurd in my opinion. I became interested in geology as a child. We were actually Squirrel hunting in Jackson County. I looked over at a rock on Sharp Mountain and saw the fossil of several Crinoids and Brachiopods in the rock. Clearly was ocean/marine life. So I took a sledge hammer back up there and broke it off and took it to school.

I did not understand how that got there. That's when I learned that North Alabama rocks were once the bottom of shallow seas between the Cambrian and Pennsylvanian Periods of the Paleozoic Era. And that these fossils I had found and took to school are older than the dinosaurs.

I would encourage anyone regardless of their religious beliefs and views on evolution to objectively maybe just look at some of this stuff. I would encourage visiting the Natural History Museum in New York if you are ever there and/or the Smithsonian in Washington.

Wooohoooo....a post that doesn't make my head hurt to read!

Last edited by Joe4majors; 09/22/17 09:37 AM.
Re: The Ark? [Re: Goatkiller] #2233853
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

I don't care what your religion is these are the facts.

Righttttttttt....

Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2233854
09/22/17 09:38 AM
09/22/17 09:38 AM
Lake View, AL
Joe4majors Offline
14 point
Joe4majors  Offline
14 point
Lake View, AL
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Righttttttttt....

Alright, where is the tylenol?

Re: The Ark? [Re: Goatkiller] #2233855
09/22/17 09:40 AM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

I agree with everything in your post, with one caveat - I believe God made all of it happen. I think when he explained the creation in Genesis, he knew early man couldn't comprehend the facts, and gave us the pre-school version, leaving nothing to question, other than the minute details. Science, simply, is God's way of spoon feeding us the massive and glorious scale on which He operates, to the extent that we can handle it, and as He allows.

Re: The Ark? [Re: Joe4majors] #2233856
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted By: Joe4majors

Righttttttttt....

Lol I ain't fixing to get into a discussion about primordial soup, transition from anaerobic to aerobic, formation of mitochondrion, transition from sea to land, etc.

I believe in micro-evolution, as we see that still happening today. However, I just think macro-evolution is a crock of chit. That being said, I could be completely wrong. I'm not saying God couldn't make it happen, I'm just saying I don't think He did.

Last edited by SouthBamaSlayer; 09/22/17 09:42 AM.
Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2233868
09/22/17 09:59 AM
09/22/17 09:59 AM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

Righttttttttt....

Lol I ain't fixing to get into a discussion about primordial soup, transition from anaerobic to aerobic, formation of mitochondrion, transition from sea to land, etc.

I believe in micro-evolution, as we see that still happening today. However, I just think macro-evolution is a crock of chit. That being said, I could be completely wrong. I'm not saying God couldn't make it happen, I'm just saying I don't think He did.

Reasonable theory and answer.

Re: The Ark? [Re: Joe4majors] #2233870
09/22/17 10:00 AM
09/22/17 10:00 AM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

Righttttttttt....

Somehow, not mentioned in the Bible. It must not exist, so don't bother looking for it.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2233881
09/22/17 10:22 AM
09/22/17 10:22 AM
Alabama
D
DVW Offline
4 point
DVW  Offline
4 point
D
Alabama
The scripture is inspired of GOD. Every word is fact. GOD created all things. Time has not changed. GOD has not changed. GOD created in six twenty four hour days. If you want to know how old the earth is, GOD made man from the dust of the ground on day six.Recorded history, scripture, from that time will give you it`s age. Approximately four thousand years from Adam to CHRIST, The LORD. It has been about two thousand years since JESUS was on the earth finishing the work of GOD. Ideas of depraved man are foolish. GOD, and only GOD is true.

Re: The Ark? [Re: 300Ruger] #2233885
09/22/17 10:30 AM
09/22/17 10:30 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
I have read the texts of every major religion including Islam, Hinduism and Buddism. Along with a freaking slew of Native American stuff.

When someone says God made the earth in 6 days I'm going to say "Well you'll have to reconcile that with what we know today vs when the books were written with your self." Factually and Scientifically we know so much more today than we did in 70AD you can't even quantify it.

If someone is adamant about the literal text of the Bible I'm going to leave it at that and not argue with them because I see no problem in believing the scripture in a literal sense. There is no harm in it to me or anyone else.

I believe in evolution. I also consider myself a Christian and I believe in the Bible and God. I don't believe in picking an choosing what to believe in the Bible to suit me, rather I believe in the substance of what it says, the points it is trying to get across and the value in what is taught.

6 days of 4.5 billion years. That's not what matters to me. I don't get caught up in the literal aspects of it. I don't see the need to do that because that is NOT What and Why I believe in it.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2233906
09/22/17 11:17 AM
09/22/17 11:17 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
I want to get deep into this, but I just feel the need to stay out of it for the most part. We've been down this road 100 times on Aldeer over the years.

I don't know the age of the earth, but I think it is much younger than the Billions of years the evolutionists claim it to be. How much younger? A Lot younger. Macro-evolution is an atheistic, far fetched, humanistic creation of man in my opinion. Simply no evidence for it. Ancient creatures existed, sure. But there is no link showing a transformation. Evolution has become its own religion to explain the Universe that was designed and created intentionally.

The reason I say that is based on a few things from scripture:

Who actually created? Christ did.

As the creator, Son of God, on earth as a man, Christ had the opportunity to read and study Genesis (as well as all the OT) as a human being and to correct it in his teachings. He never did, he upheld the authority of it all. He created it all so he knows how it happened and when. He read the accounts and confirmed every last word.

What does that tell us today? I know what it tells me.
Does the bible address every issue? No. It isn't a textbook.

All of the OT, including Genesis, points to Christ. We can debate the 3rd level theology all day, but Christ is central. Having the proper view of creation and scripture is important though because a Biblical worldview based on the Truth of Scripture is an essential thing when Standing Firm, Guarding our Hearts, Wearing the Full Armor of God, and sharing the Gospel.

Christians can believe in Billions of years and macro-evolution, sure. But that stance does come with theological implications to say the very least. To each his own. Ultimately, it is about Christ and that is where our emphasis needs to be.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: The Ark? [Re: straycat] #2233917
09/22/17 11:30 AM
09/22/17 11:30 AM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
Originally Posted By: straycat
I want to get deep into this, but I just feel the need to stay out of it for the most part. We've been down this road 100 times on Aldeer over the years.

I don't know the age of the earth, but I think it is much younger than the Billions of years the evolutionists claim it to be. How much younger? A Lot younger. Macro-evolution is an atheistic, far fetched, humanistic creation of man in my opinion. Simply no evidence for it. Ancient creatures existed, sure. But there is no link showing a transformation. Evolution has become its own religion to explain the Universe that was designed and created intentionally.

The reason I say that is based on a few things from scripture:

Who actually created? Christ did.

As the creator, Son of God, on earth as a man, Christ had the opportunity to read and study Genesis (as well as all the OT) as a human being and to correct it in his teachings. He never did, he upheld the authority of it all. He created it all so he knows how it happened and when. He read the accounts and confirmed every last word.

What does that tell us today? I know what it tells me.
Does the bible address every issue? No. It isn't a textbook.

All of the OT, including Genesis, points to Christ. We can debate the 3rd level theology all day, but Christ is central. Having the proper view of creation and scripture is important though because a Biblical worldview based on the Truth of Scripture is an essential thing when Standing Firm, Guarding our Hearts, Wearing the Full Armor of God, and sharing the Gospel.

Christians can believe in Billions of years and macro-evolution, sure. But that stance does come with theological implications to say the very least. To each his own. Ultimately, it is about Christ and that is where our emphasis needs to be.

Is there any possibility that any Christian ever thought the Earth was flat? Or that witches didn't float? God gives us the tools to help ourselves because He commanded that we do so.

God won't cause you to win the lottery if you're too lazy to buy a ticket.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2233930
09/22/17 11:48 AM
09/22/17 11:48 AM
Highland Home, Al
S
Squadron77 Online content
10 point
Squadron77  Online Content
10 point
S
Highland Home, Al
If most reptiles grow as long as they live and before the flood even man lived a 1000 years how big would a gator get at 1600 years?

Genesis tells us that Noah took 2 of every animal of its kind not every animal. If he took an 18" gator that would be the same as taking what we would call a dinosaur.

Re: The Ark? [Re: Squadron77] #2233958
09/22/17 12:38 PM
09/22/17 12:38 PM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Online content
14 point
lefthorn  Online Content
14 point
Chelsea, AL

Originally Posted By: Squadron77

Genesis tells us that Noah took 2 of every animal of its kind not every animal

Reread the account of the flood, slowly and tell me again how many he took

Re: The Ark? [Re: lefthorn] #2233960
09/22/17 12:40 PM
09/22/17 12:40 PM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport

Originally Posted By: lefthorn

Genesis tells us that Noah took 2 of every animal of its kind not every animal

Reread the account of the flood, slowly and tell me again how many he took

Saw that one coming a mile off

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2233999
09/22/17 01:32 PM
09/22/17 01:32 PM
Highland Home, Al
S
10 point
10 point
S
Highland Home, Al
I know he took the extra animals for sacrifice. My point is he did not take every kind of dinosaur he only had to take one of it kind. He did not take 2 of every animal living at the time. Most peoples account of the flood is looking a the Bible story book at the dentist office.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2234001
09/22/17 01:34 PM
09/22/17 01:34 PM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Online content
14 point
lefthorn  Online Content
14 point
Chelsea, AL
I believe they took more clean animals so that once they could eat meat, there would be more clean animals than unclean as well

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2234017
09/22/17 01:54 PM
09/22/17 01:54 PM
Highland Home, Al
S
10 point
10 point
S
Highland Home, Al
Good point. Most of the Jewish dietary laws are to keep people from catching diseases from improper handling of the animal carcass and forbidden to eat some animals that carries more diseases.

Re: The Ark? [Re: Squadron77] #2234028
09/22/17 02:02 PM
09/22/17 02:02 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
Good point. Most of the Jewish dietary laws are to keep people from catching diseases from improper handling of the animal carcass and forbidden to eat some animals that carries more diseases.

Once learned, it was common sense. In place of common sense, there was "God's Law". The 10 Commandments serve the same purpose. Law where there is none (at the time of Moses).

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2234031
09/22/17 02:03 PM
09/22/17 02:03 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
This thread is at 11 pages long, like most Religious threads they just never end on their own so I am going to lock it down. Nothing personal to anybody.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.