Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted By: AUstan23

I don't believe YOU translate scripture, I believe the Holy Spirit illuminates it to you, and He isn't going to show you one thing and me another.

You must have missed the other religious threads of past debates

Not hardly, all 5,000 of them annoyed me as bad as this one. And the same problem with all those arguments is/was the same problem with this. The REAL problem isn't whether or not dinosaurs lived. There is ZERO reason why it's necessary to believe in millions of years, it is not needed for ANYTHING else in scripture. You have no need for millions of years, nor some fantasy existence prior to Adam EXCEPT THAT YOU CONFIDENTLY BELIEVE MAN AND DOUBT GOD. Period, end of discussion. There literally is no debate, you CANNOT get anything other than a literal single day out of it, and more importantly there is no reason or need to. This whole thread now, which is 4 pages of complete nonsense, is a total straw man. Come on y'all, this is a matter of believe (or not) that Satan has dominion over this time. Of course he will teach anything and everything contradictory to scripture (it was his very first act with Eve). For Pete's sake, we still teach evolution in freakin' school as if there's no question about it. Nevermind that there has NEVER been ONE single piece of evidence to prove it the "theory", but every generation alive today has never been taught anything else.

We were just in here having a friendly discussion about dinosaurs, and you totally killed the mood. You should be able to discuss your position without getting defensive and upset. I was willing to discuss dinosaurs and man with anyone that wanted to, but too many people on here get all pissy when you challenge what they believe (not necessarily directed just at you ikillbux).

My bad, I apologize for coming across abrasively. I just get pretty animated about this kinda stuff (not creation vs evolution, or dinosaurs, but the whole fidelity of scripture stuff). I am not implying that I do know more, but I'm pretty bold in declaring that we are the most biblically ignorant generation that has ever lived. More than anything I was just heatedly moved that the real underlying motive wasn't to prove or disprove "dinosaurs", but to prove or disprove scripture. The ONE thing in this whole thread I'm defiantly confident about is that there is zero debate about the literal 6 day creation. Y'all can argue dinosaurs and unicorns all you want, I got no interest in that, but I'll wade out into the flow over the whole "a day could be a million years to God" junk. Anyway, I'll get myself worked up (LOL), again I apologize for being abrasive.

I took it as your stance on what you believe and nothing more and I never said the creation story wasn't true or a literal/figurative 6 days, I did say that there was a preadamite world that had people on it and I wont back away from that either. I honestly believe debates like these strengthen our faith by causing us to dig deeper into Gods word. I think its a dangerous thing just to take someones/anyones word for anything pertaining to our life in Christ

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be