Yep. Just wishful thinking bama fans wanting AU to aim low.

Auburn is a top 10 job. Period.

Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: Claims Rep.
Originally Posted By: Brent
Silly auburn fans. Y'all know this hire will be screwed up too. A few years ago all you guys were delusional and expected to hire a big name. Auburn hired Chizik who had a 5-19 record at Iowa State. To give a little credit he did win auburns only natty in my lifetime. Here's the funny part. He was fired for losing. Auburn hired a guy with a 5-19 record and fired him for losing.

This will be a fun season on Aldeer.

I agree. AU will only be able to hire an unproven coach who may or may not be the next Dabo Sweeney. No way AU attracts a proven winner. Except maybe Les Miles, but that probably wouldn't happen.

Given all the negative press that AU has dealt with lately, firing Gus is not in their best interests right now.

That's the same situation Alabama was in and the same thing Auburn fans were saying about that job. It was so bad Mike Riley turned it down. With enough money and complete control promised they got who they wanted. If Auburn got rid of their problems and opened up the check book they could attract a good coach. The problem I see is that there isn't a big name available. Regardless of what Timbercruiser says every time Auburn is searching for a coach of any kind, money has never been an issue.