Finally hit paydirt. Yesterday morning, my dad and I were heading to a place where my brother and I were consistently seeing big bucks (including a 189" monster that I had watched twice). Well, we get there and 2 of my brothers friends are there. Threw a wrench in my plans so we backed out and left. Well, one of them tagged the 189" buck, that's how we know what he measured. So my dad and I regrouped and went to an area where he had seen a four point recently and larger deer in the past. There a watering hole nearby. We found the perfect mesquite bushes and hung up a cheap Walmart burlap blind and sat in the brush. Wind was perfect. At 530, he whispers "grab your bow, they're coming from behind you". I grabbed my bow and got ready. Tuned out to be 2 does and a fawn. They went to water, then came back toward us. They were feeding on sunflowers and got within 10 yards of us. It was truly amazing. I have a new found respect for the burlap. Well, an hour goes by and my dad was talking and stopped, leaned looking over my shoulder and said "buck, good buck". I looked left and peering over a sand hill is a tall buck about150-200 yards away. But then he disappeared. After 30 minutes with daylight fading, I asked if I should sneak up a nearby hill to look for the buck. Rather than risk pushing him I decided to stay. I was standing trying to glass when I looked straight out in front. There's a deer! Small buck, a 3 point! So I sit down and grab my bow. Then behind him I see antlers. Much larger! That's him. He was hold up around 60 yards while the smaller buck came to the sunflowers. Then he came in. Stopped at 35 yards, here's my chance! I go to draw back but I'm shaking so bad that I can't and my arrow rattles in the rest. So I ducked down. They didn't pay any attention. So I'm deep breathing, slow in, slow out. My dad is whispering "it's just a target, you're just shooting your target ". Then it's calm. I draw, still behind the blind, get anchored. The in one motion I stand, aim, then release. I hear the thump. He jumps and runs. Instantly I'm shaking again. Hugging my dad we turn and look. There's another nice buck staring at us. We just laugh. Then, a 4 hour, 1 mile track with coyotes howling after dark. God is Good. What an amazing day. Pics soon