I don't know how much land would be too much for turkey hunting? I wish I could be lucky enough to figure that out.

I have permission to hunt a total of about 2,400 acres. Some is in Crenshaw county, some is in Pike county and some is in Covington county. About 850 acres is part of my deer lease and a couple others also turkey hunt, and the turkey hunting is decent at best. I believe I only hunted there 2 times last year. Another tract of 300 acres is pretty hit or miss, sometimes there is a gobbling bird sometimes not. I only have permission to turkey hunt this place and have only had permission for 2 years, I hope to kill my first bird on it next year. Another 600 acres I picked up this past year, I heard a total of (1) gobbler on this tract and he was across the property line. I almost got him one morning, maybe next year.

The Covington county land has been off the past couple years. It used to be LOADED with birds, but not lately. Maybe next year.

Most of the rest is at my house. Most years there are a few gobblers around. I have never killed more than 2 a year there in an attempt to keep them around.

I have one tract of about 130 acres that is truly awesome, almost as good as the Covington county land used to be. Its very rare to not hear a gobble on this tract. If all of the tracts were anywhere near as productive as this one, I could limit out pretty easily.