Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
was always one of my worst fears as a parent. I don't understand how it could possibly happen, but it happens so much that it must be easier than you'd think, and I've always been terrified about it.

I'd love to see some anonymous poll where people answered honestly this question: Have you ever left your child strapped into a carseat in the car only to remember later and run out and rescue them...they were not hurt because you remembered in time? Follow up with: What events led up to that error? etc...

Might give some valuable insights into mindset, distractions, or how to avoid it in the future.

It is hard for me to understand how it could happen. Makes me hyper vigilant seeing all of the reports. Which makes it even harder to understand now because there have been major news stories for the past few years any you'd think that most every parent would have a heightened awareness...even the bad parents.

Last edited by straycat; 08/18/17 11:25 AM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams