- Sit there as long as you can.
- Don't drop your bow arm. Watch the arrow connect with the animal before you move off target.
- As soon as you see the deer, stand up (when its safe obviously). I can't tell you how many guys I know waited to stand and even when they managed to stand, they were so nervous the shot high. Go ahead and stand as soon as you can and get ready to make the shot. Getting a deer that close does something to a man and if you wait to the point where you're afraid to stand up where he'll see you, the shot will be much much harder.
- Keep your shots close. Someone may need to correct me on this but, your shot in a stand at a deer will be about 50% as good as it is in practice.
- Ignore the rack when you draw.
- Put in your hours in the field. I sat for 160 hours last year and only got 1 opportunity. It happened to be a ~150. He came up the ridge 100 yards or so to my left and I gave him a couple grunts. He circled back and I made a rookie mistake. I wasn't ready and he came out 8 yards from me. Going back to point 3, I was standing but didn't have my bow in my hand.
- Shoot at any legal deer that makes you happy. It ain't all about the rack and shooting a bow at a deer from 15-20 yards is a lot more personal than shooting at one from 100 yards+. It helps manage your adrenaline to shoot at smaller deer/does.
- Never take advice from magazines or books. New bowhunters don't have enough experience to know what is good and bad advice.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan