Originally Posted By: centralala
I can't remember shite! Seems planting feed wheat is illegal. Not a game law. Some other kind of law.

Feed wheat is not legal to use for top sowing if you are planning a dove shoot over it. The dcnr uses the Extension Service recommendation to determine what is normal Agricultural practice, and it they have decided it isn't normal to plant feed wheat.

If you wanna plant feed wheat in a deer plot, I don't think there is any law against that. I bought some seed wheat this week for $9. I asked the price of feed wheat - $9. He said he got a good buy on the seed wheat and is passing it on to customers. I've got a couple of fields ruined by wild turnips that were in feed wheat my dad bought in the 90s. I've stuck with seed wheat since.

There is a lot more to the 1940s era case than that article mentions. I remember it still being discussed in classes at Auburn in the 70s. There were all sorts of programs the government had back then, and if you signed up for their programs and took their money, you were bound to follow their rules. The farmer thought he had a loophole because he wasn't gonna sell the wheat, he was gonna feed it to chickens and sell them. That info is from memory and may not be exactly right, so please correct if I'm wrong.

I do remember that the farmer was so mad that he sold out and moved to Australia to farm. He came back in a few years; said they were even worse.

None of this has anything to do with the Obama era law about food production. Who knows how it might be enforced.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.