Originally Posted By: WmHunter
Someone up thread said that 500 pounds of pelletized lime = 2000 pounds of bulk regular lime.

I have read elsewhere that it is 200 lbs pelletized = 2000 bulk

I'm thinking your referencing my earlier post but that's not what I said. I was saying that 500lb on a quarter acre plot is the exact same as putting 2,000lb on a one acre plot. I made this comparison because 1 ton per acre is a common recommendation for soils that need lots of lime. I was not suggesting any difference in pelletized lime and bulk ag lime. I don't want to get into the finer aspects of chemistry on this subject but assuming that both Ag lime and pelletized lime are both similarly pure, I think they'll have similar strength. I'm defining strength as "pH raising potential", not how fast it works. The finer the lime, the faster it works, as a general rule. It's possible to have two sources of lime that are the exact same strength but one works much faster than the other if it is ground finer. Does that make sense?

"When there was no fowl, we ate crawdad, when there was no crawdad, we ate sand."

"YOU ATE SAND!" - Raising Arizona