Originally Posted By: Smells
Never been until today so I don't know about the good old days. As for the complaints that it's all about money grubbing, ... really? Why else would it be done and why is it a problem? People have to eat. People find a variety of means for providing for themselves and their families. This is a wonderful example of how capitalism is supposed to work. BJCC made money, Coker made money, the vendors made money, lots of employees made money, and plenty of people left with stuff they wanted or needed. I'm scratching my head wondering why anyone would have a problem with that? Some people take government jobs and some people create jobs. I myself had no other expectation than that people would offer me all sorts of things for a price. I even took some of them up on their offers. I bought 4 woodhaven mouth calls from the Grabow outdoors booth for $5 each and I bought a Hunter Safety Systems X-1 safety harness for $50. Those were both pretty good deals inasmuch as I don't think I could have beaten them anywhere else. I was not sure about the harness but having gotten home and checked online it seems I saved about $10. People act like seeing a woman trying to sell pots and pans or a guy wanting to show you how great his product is at shining shoes, causes them some sort of pain and suffering? Lighten up.

Those dudes shinning shoes had some good stuff! Cleaned my 5 year olds shoes great! The look on my sons face was priceless when dude wanted to clean his shoes Lol