Archie was in sort of a bad accident a while back.
As told to me from A guy that works at Simmons.
Archie came in and told him that he wanted on of those shotguns that shoots those 3.5" shells and he wanted some of those hopped up shells everyone was bragging about (Nitro's). The guy told him that he didn't need that kind of gun to kill a turkey and Archie replied "are you gonna tell me what I want or sell me what I want" So the guy picks out a nice SX3 for Archie as well as the nitro shells. Ole Archie comes walking using a walker in a little over a month later and the guy at Simmons asked him if he'd been in a wreck because of the walker and both eyes had been black but were healing. Archie told him "well you could say that" He said " you remember that gun you sold me? well I took it out to kill a turkey and head one coming across the field to me so I stuck that gun out the window of my shooting house and squeezed the trigger..everything went black. I woke up looking up at the sky thinking I'm going to heaven and everything went black again. I was woke up but the boys who took me our out there, they was saying ARCHIE ARCHIE ARCHIE!!!. what happened when he squeezed the trigger was that the gun blew him backwards knocking the door of the house off the hinges and he fell to the ground. the injuries were as follows, Bruised both arms badly from trying to catch himself on the door opening, both eyes were blackened, both lungs were bruised, broke a couple ribs, set up sepsis in his lungs from the bruising, stayed in the hospital for several weeks. When Archie told them all this he asked them if they had a 20 Gauge he could buy to turkey hunt with, Good ole Archie, I watched his shows when I was a kid and he is a true pioneer in the hunting show industry

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be