Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: mman
Originally Posted By: ridgestalker
Originally Posted By: ford150man
Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: ridgestalker
We just sing and make melody in our hearts.Since I never read about anything being played in NEW Testament worship so we don't do it.

As does Larkinsville Church of Christ, I'd say that's traditional.

As a former Church of Christ, I will say you've never read anything in the New Testament about using projectors with song words, microphones, etc...but you'll find those in nearly every Church of Christ building out there.

I'm pretty sure those things didnt exist 2,000 years ago but the instrument did.Folks can do what ever they want it has no effect on me or mine. I just want to have Bible for what me and my family do in worship.God is not my pal and church service isn't a party to me.

Exactly. Most folks can't discern the difference between carrying out a command and adding to a command.

Doesn't matter what man wants. Under the new law, God has said to sing. If you use a song book or electricity or what ever, you still have one type of music, singing. When you add mechanical instruments, you have 2 types of music, one authorized, one un-authorized.

A cappella basically means "in the manner of the church or chapel", and for good reason. Mechanical instruments, though accessible to the early church, were not used by them, hence the phrase, a cappella. Mechanical instruments of music were added some 7 centuries later. They caused division when they were added, and obviously, they are still causing division today.

God said that our worship MUST be in truth (Jn 4:23-24). God's word it truth (Jn 17:17). Therefore, to worship in truth requires instruction from God. It must be pointed out, truth comes from what God said, not what He didn't say. The same is truth of faith (Rom 10:17). You cannot have faith in what God has NOT said. Therefore, you cannot use mechanical instruments in faith and according to truth.

The only way we can know what God wants in our worship today is for Him to tell us. I know this is contrary to many people's belief. Worship is too important for me to base it on what I like or don't like. God only accepts worship according to truth, so I'm going to do everything in my power to worship according to what He has said and according to the approved examples given in the new covenant.

Brother,you are so bound up in the chains of religious mumbo jumbo,it's just pitiful. Everything you just said is nothing but the religion that your denomination misinterpretations from scriptures that aren't even related to the subject.

Trying to say that God doesn't accept music is the biggest bunch of religious crap being preached.I don't care if you don't play music in worship.I think God will give you that freedom if that's what you want,but I know he likes it because he has it in Heaven.

Revelations mentions there being harps in Heaven, 3 times. I would agree that if stringed instruments weren't pleasing in worship to God, he wouldn't have them in Heaven.