Craziest and toughest for me was hunting public land in South Florida. My friends and I had a camp in a place called Windmill Prairie in Big Cypress Preserve. It was a 9 mile ATV ride twisting through tight cypress swamps and sloughs with your ATV half underwater at times. Bumping into cypress knees and having to back out and go around or cut stumps with a chainsaw. Getting stuck in deep mud and pushing out while avoiding the cottonmouths around you. After what seemed like eternity of twisting through cypress swamp we reached the southern end of Windmill Prairie and raced toward camp. No power, work, or wives, just mosquitos but plenty of ice cold beer and alcohol; good food; and friends. My biggest thrill was shooting hogs and bucks that were a little bigger than key deer. A good buck was 120 lbs and most were 90-100 lbs. It was tough hunting then and is ruined now that the pythons, panthers, bears, and National Park Service ruined the hunting and the Preserve. But it was fun back in the day even if it took half a day to get there!