Most of my late tomatoes, the steakhouse I started from seed, are doing really well but I have two that got attacked by white flies and aphids that don't look great. Got the bugs under control but the plants are sparse. I have to say though, one of those has one of my largest tomatoes on it!

If you recall, I started those plants from seed and distributed plants to several friends. We have a competition on who can grow the largest tomato. So far, only one entry that weighed in at 1.42 pounds. I think I have at least two that will beat that weight but they are not ripe yet and to my understanding, they weigh more if they are ripe.

My husband told me he thought he was going to have one to weigh in tomorrow or the next day.

All my early tomatoes futzed out and I pulled them up and them replanted some cucumbers in that bed. I saw where they had popped up when I was out there today.

Be kind to one another and tell the ones you love that you love them often. We never know what tomorrow will bring.