Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
There's a reason about 90% of hot shot drivers drive Dodge......Cummins.

If you're not gonna be pulling a lot of weight often, look at a 1/2 ton Dodge with the V6 eco diesel. I work with a feller has one , 30 MPGs .

Actually it's more due to price and the capacity of dodge trucks.

IMO In the new diesel market every manufacturer builds a junk truck now and then. I would say any of the three would get the job done just fine. It's the new emissions crap you should be concerned about and is something that causes a lot of issues in all of the big threes trucks. If you get a new duramax they have not been able to crack the computer yet where you could delete the emissions and add a tuner. The fords they have cracked it and same with dodge. But also (IMO) the dodge transmissions are not very good. Look up cotontop3 on YouTube to see real world experiences with the Aisin transmission.

Test drive all three and make your decisions based off dealer support and how you like the truck itself. Good luck

Also some food for thought it whenever I see fords towing it always seem they squat a lot more than similarly loaded duramaxs. Shows in a lot of the towing tests too. I think it's because of how they have the rear springs setup