Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: AU338MAG
Good scopes don't exist for under $300. Espescially the Nikon buckmasters scope.

I've owned Meopta, Leupold, Burris , Trijicon and Bushnell. The cheapest scope I've owned is the current Weaver Classic Extreme I have. It's a made in the Philippines, 30mm tube , adjustable illuminated reticle, 2.5x10x50 and I gave $249 for it brand new off Natchez. I sold the trijicon and was going to upgrade to the Leica but couldn't find one used before the season last year so I bought the Weaver to get by. I'm not looking to upgrade anymore if that says anything. I can hunt way later than is legal in the woods and could hunt all night with any moon light in fields. I can't speak to durability yet but optical quality is more than adequate and as good as the Trijicon and Meopta (Meopro) I owned.

Bill,I'm sure you know you won't have any warranty with a used Leica. Scopelist has several new ones if you're interested.

I bought one of the 2.5-10X42 ERi's with a 4a reticle and a turret. I wasn't all that impressed with it and sent it back. PM me if you are interested in particulars as to what I didn't like. It was a fine low light scope however if that is your only criteria.

PS
Are any of the Weavers still made in Japan? I liked those I've seen pretty well.

I think the Super Slam is still made there. I talked to a Weaver rep before purchasing the Extreme and seems I remember him saying that. I really am not looking to upgrade any more. Unless this Weaver doesn't hold up I'll be happy to use it for several more years.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard