Doekiller would love the first officer I ever rode with as a police officer back in 1986. His name was Leslie Moore and he was an older black officer. Among the first few black officers in Selma. He was loved by the white community because he treated them all with respect and did what he could to solve their problems. The black community hated him because he absolutely didn't cut them any slack. We would be riding down the street and we would meet a car driven by a young black guy and Cpl Moore would get excited and exclaim "You see the way he didn't look at me? He aint got no license. I can tell when they won't look at me like that." he'd stop them and dang if he wasn't right most of the time. He worked until he died. He had two things I wanted, he had a pristine 65 Mustang and a pair of mother of pearl handle revolvers that one of which he wore as his duty weapon, but I never had the courage to stop by his widow's house and ask about them. They were childless and he had no heirs. I've got a lot more Leslie Moore stories for another time.

Last edited by jawbone; 05/25/17 06:13 PM.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.