Originally Posted By: DAX
It's always a race to canopy for me once they do I turn the deer lose most of the time they are already browsing anyhow. I have big fields so I have come up with cheap ways to keep the deer out for a month or so witch is normally enough time for good establishment. Those that have smaller fields have it tuff like around my house. I can grow a small 3 acre bean field but I have to sacrifice that much or more and fence the beans I want to make to pull it off. To be honest it's stupid around my house way to many deer and I've gave up for the most part as far as management. I just don't have time to kill the number of does I need to anymore and it's only 400 acres hell I hardly hunt anymore period. Now fitzpatrick is a different story it's just right density wise and the size deer vs my house is amazing being that it's only 7 miles as a crow flies from my front porch. Don't get me wrong I have and have killed several 140/150 class deer in chinagrove but I had to work extremely hard do pull that off. If I never planted another bean or food plot I could do that every year in Fitzpatrick so it get most of my attention. If it wasn't for turkeys and the fact I live there I would possibly lease my place in chinagrove to the right guy.

I blood track for a guy in Chinagrove that runs an outfitter business. He’s got several properties he runs hunters on but one them is a 900 acre tract along Panther Creek just to the south of Chinagrove. It looks like there’s plenty of deer around there for sure.

Last edited by CNC; 05/22/17 01:26 PM.

We dont rent pigs