My salmon and shellfish oil came today. My initial reaction is that the salmon oil smells good but not quite as strong as I expected…..but it’s still got a nice odor though. It’s what I’d call semi-loud I guess. The shellfish oil on the other hand is pretty dang stout. It’s more like an “extract”. I took a little bit of it and spiked some salmon oil and it made for a nice smelling lure. I put some out this evening on a couple additional traps here at home to see what happens. It’s about 50-60 yards off the creek branch. Gonna see if it draws anything off trail.

The salmon oil smells nice but you may be just as well to spike some vegetable oil with the shellfish. I don’t know. What I think doesn’t smell real loud may smell awesome to the coons. I know they sure like the canned salmon. There’s several different oils like clam oil, shrimp oil, lobster oil, crayfish oil, anchovy oil, and gator oil. I’d like to order a little bottle of each one and see which are the most potent.....or if one of them was more attractive to the coons/possums than the others.

Last edited by CNC; 04/26/17 01:31 PM.

We dont rent pigs