Lot of the names - many recognizable - that are known are people who announced publicly they'd been let go. Because they probably will be picked up by someone else -- websites, possibly FOX, maybe even newspaper "media groups" looking to expand (doubtful, but possible) -- and because they have a social media following, they announced they'd been let go.

But with upwards of 70-100 being cut loose, reportedly, we may not know who exactly is gone until new faces appear or don't appear on shows, sidelines, at games, etc.

I don't watch ESPN like I did in the '80s and early 90s pre-internet. We had NFL Network because our son enjoyed the games and Red Zone. So I don't really care what their business is doing or even know much about what shows are on or such.

But I've been through work upheaval, as have many of y'all, and it's not fun to get that call or find out you're hanging by a thread or could be whacked in six or nine months after more quarterly earnings come out. Top it off with all the "fake news!" and ignorant hatred from fans-viewers, and it's not enjoyable for the people or their families. Part of life, though.

Last edited by Clem; 04/26/17 10:24 AM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020