Originally Posted By: k bush
Originally Posted By: jsh1904
Originally Posted By: k bush
I've lost just under 40 lbs in 3 months doing strict keto, started on inauguration day. Keeping net carbs to less than 20 net a day. Macros are 70/25/5 fat protein carb.

I feel great, acid reflux is rare rather than an everyday occurence. Hoping to get to the point I'm off BP meds.

Understand, that if you go back to a carb heavy diet you will gain it all back plus more.

So you are running 70% fat and 25% protein? How many calories are you taking in per day?

I usually average about 1400 give or take. Haven't been over 1900. I track everything with My Fitness Pal and come pretty close to 70/25/5 each day. Its easy to go way over on protein. But a cup of Bullet Proof Coffee will get the fat numbers up. I also keep MCT soft gels and coconut oil available.

Even cutting calories way back I do not have intense, I gotta eat right now, cravings.

Be careful, 1400 is stupid low for a fella your size. You should be able to eat 1800-1900 per day and consistently lose weight still. I know what you mean about not having cravings when calories are that low. I've never seen macros like that but can understand why you don't have cravings with that kind of fat intake. I fell off the wagon for the past 9 months while I got my testosterone leveled out but I'm going back to 40/40/20 to lean back out.

This post is protected by copyright. Anyone found posting here is subject to certified mail from my gay sister.