Originally Posted By: AUstan23

Originally Posted By: eskimo270

Originally Posted By: AUstan23

Originally Posted By: Out back
AwwStan,
I wish we could all be as intelligent and enlightened as you.
I can pick certain parts of the Bible to ridicule and make jokes, too.
But what if you're wrong? What if the Bible is true, and you are wrong?
See, if I'm wrong, I just rot and become fertilizer. But if you're wrong, you burn in hell for eternity.
That's a serious gamble.

I'm not enlightened, and I'm not ridiculing anything. I'm acknowledging the parts of the story that no one talks about because they get scared to ask questions. Notice how no one attempted to explain what I highlighted. I'm an average guy that is thinking critically. I'm at a point where people telling me to "shut up" or "stop asking questions" or "talking dangerously" doesn't bother me.

And the second part of your statement refers to Pascal's Wager in which he acknowledges everyone hedges on their belief system being right. The idea that we'd accept a belief system based on getting into Heaven is selfish on our part and cruel on the part of God. Faith as fear dressed up as virtue is in my mind not admirable. I could write pages on these concepts but that's my short-handed response cuz I just don't feel like writing a lot.

*And I don't know if Heaven and Hell is real in whatever form that might be. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. From my position, the Bible is written and influenced by men in another attempt to make sense of it all.

from your posts that I have read, I don't believe that you are a critical thinker that is doing so with integrity . Why do you not hold the theory of evolution to the same critical standard that you do the belief of a Creator? In fact, I have come to the conclusion, because of the way that you pounce on every post about God, that deep down you believe in a Creator but you choose to rebel against Him. People that believe someone else's world view is wrong don't tend to attack that world view at every opportunity the way that you do, they just laugh and move on.

I don't jump down everyone's post about God. I didn't say a word about Easter and all the paganism muddled in with it, etc when all those threads were up. And I don't completely believe God doesn't exist. I don't know. Evolution has its holes. Its a work in progress, and it is very difficult to piece together the entirety of existence from physics, chemistry, biology, fossil record, etc. Scientists make mistakes constantly, and fame/money can taint it like anything else. I'm not better than anyone, and I don't think debating is a bad thing. If you legit think I'm wrong, jump in and defend your stance. I'll listen and prolly learn something. Otherwise I'm not gonna just be quiet because it makes someone uncomfortable.

There's no evidence for macro evolution. They can't explain how cells went from anaerobic to aerobic, the "missing link" is made up and there's no archaeological proof to even create a theory about it, there's nothing to support that fish grew legs and started breathing air instead of water, and the theory that at some point plants started growing from the same cell that animals grew from is just crazy.