They say a 460 will slip right into a fox body, if you could afford a set of aluminum heads that would help with the weight issue, we have ran 302 and 351w in the fox body's, good used aftermarket parts are easier to find, though I agree a big block would be sweet and it's hard to bet displacement, I perfer the 302/5.0. Not sure if your into drag racing but my car had a factory block bored 60, stock crank and rods with those heavy trw slugs for pistons , edlbrock heads ( other cheaper used heads with better performance can be had now ) 292 solid lift comp cam , victor jr intake , auto zone headers , 750 vacuum ( wish I had a mechanical) , stock t-5 , 4:30 gears. I ran a best of 7.80 in the 1/8 on street tires, i never finished tuning the car or got to run my slicks before I sold it for a women I never married, like a dummy. However my point is I believe that simple set up would have went 7:50 and a 100 shot may have got me into the low 7's. In they earlier 90's that was fast for a street car in my area. Not so much in 2017. The thing I liked best about a 302 was i could hang with the 350/400 small blocks of the day and they couldn't stand it when I'd say it's a little 302! Sorry for reminiscing a little, we still have a few parts around and my extended family is still racing, I know he sold some heads and stoker kit parts lately cheap, what are you wanting/needing ? and I'll look around

Last edited by boker; 04/20/17 04:17 AM.

boker