Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted By: Turkeymaster
called up a boss before 7 this AM and the guy didn't feel like he had a clean shot, could have killed him twice at 35 yards.. smh.. 7th turkey I've had within 50 calling for other people in the last couple of weeks that haven't been killed..... frustrated is an understatement

Time to stop carrying folks. Seriously.

Dr. B

OR just kill the bastage yourself. I won't ever forget a morning in Pike county about 10 years ago. I took a newbie with me and we got on a bird that we literally walked under in the dark. We backtracked and set up on him and the last I heard him he was about 50 yards off right in front of my hunter but not yet in sight. I had my gun pointed in another direction and damn if he didn't pop up at 20 yards straight down my barrel. He got shot and he was gob #37 and AL Game and Fish published the pic of me with him. Hated it for my buddy but I ain't letting one get away if I can help it.

I'll take folks and let them have first dibs if he comes in on their side. If they can't get a shot or for some reason he's about to get gone, I won't hesitate to dust his azz.

Of course I haven't had the chance to bust one in the last couple of seasons so I got a lot of pent up frustration going on right now too! thumbup

Dr. B

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR