Quote:
Can you imagine tying into 10-15 lbs of pissed off pike or muskie on one of those things????? That 5lb LM I caught about made me piss myself.

Was in Canada in 1986 on a canoe trip into Quetico NP and we were limited in tackle, since we were canoeing-portaging-camping.

My box consisted mostly of Zara Spooks, 1/2- and 1-ounce Rooster Tails and Mepps spinners, a few crankbaits and some plastics/hooks. The in-line spinners and topwater Spooks generated the most results with the pike and smallmouth. And yes, a big pike on a spook or any topwater is a blast.

Definitely learned one thing: take some long-handle hook removers. Having a 25-inch+ pike with a Spook in its mouth at the canoe and you're trying to figure out how to get the bait without getting slashed or tipping over into frigid water is quite a challenge. If I ever go again, I'll have a Boga Grip and long hook remover along with some Ploppers.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020