Originally Posted By: limabean
All I know is they are spensive. I'm looking for a hunting rifle that will shoot sub moa more consistent than not. Don't mind paying more but don't want to pay more for looks or a fancy name.

Not specific to your question but I'll put this out there. I've been looking for my perfect rifle for about 15 years. I've tried a bunch of rifles up to about $1500.Admittedly,I've not owned any full custom rifles.My opinion however is that before you start dropping in excess of 3K on a rifle you need to know what specific attributes you want in that rifle,even right down to safety style,specific trigger,stock style,target weight,type action,type extraction,basically everything you prefer. Even then,any rifle you buy will be a compromise on your specific desires. I would suggest you visit some ranges,join a gun club,visit some rifle builders,basically get your hands on and shoot everything different that you can to figure out exactly what you want.

For me,my latest favorite is a Forbes 24b. it's a little larger and heavier than my Kimber Montana which makes it fit me better and makes it easier to shoot well than the lighter Kimber. Light weight has become one of my primary concerns and the Forbes in not a heavy gun at all being just under 6 lbs in a long action but the 14 ounces more than the Kimber makes it an easier gun to shootwell while still being plenty light.

I've owned Remington's,Sako's,Winchesters, Savages,but my favorite so far is the Forbes. If I were to start this 15 year journey over,I would order a model 24 NULA from Melvin Forbes. I may still sell some guns and buy one but I was fortunate enough to find one of the first Forbes made that Melvin actually built,so it shoots 1/2 moa and even under more often than not.

Good luck on your search.Sorry I don't know specifically about the Fierce Edge rifles.I would however highly recommend a NULA. At least do some research.You will see a lot of very happy customers.More than 75% of Melvin's business is repeat customers,which says a lot,and Melvin is getting older,so that's something to consider as well.