I have hunted 7 out of the 10 days of season. All of them have been morning hunts before work. And I have been getting whooped all season by one bird. He has gobbled over 10-15 time every morning and something always seems to happen. He's hung up 2 times at 75 yards or so. And one morning I tried to slip in on him on the roost and ended up getting way to close and he just new something wasn't right and pitched away from me. So after this morning I just said the heck with him and the heck with turkey season. I decided to go somewhere different and try a evening hunt sitting in a ground blind looking over a small green field since it's raining and I didn't have anything else to do. So I get set up in the ground blind around 2:50. Sitting there board and playing on my phone I happen to look up and see a hen was coming into the field. This was 3:10. I thought dang that was fast. I watched behind her for a few minutes wandering if she had a gobbler in tow. Nothing was behind her so I just started playing on my phone again. And about 3:20 I looked up to check on her and caught some movement behind her and sure enough there he was. I let him get to about 30 yards and rolled him with some 3 an a halves. Crazy how fast your luck can change! Gonna go try the other bird out again in the morning!
This one had 1 inch spurs and 10.5 inch beard
[img:left]http://[/img]

Last edited by MattK; 03/25/17 01:01 PM.