Originally Posted By: BhamFred
not going to argue th ethics of hunting over corn but do you really believe that corn is no more beneficial to deer than , say, cardboard??? NO protein, no carbs, nothing???

No, I would certainly not say that there are absolutely no nutritional benefits to corn feeding to deer, but it is more like feeding sugary cakes vs. something else like protein pellets or planting food plots including Summer plots.

And one thing is for certain: corn does nothing for a buck's antlers, and for me antler growth is the only reason to do supplemental feeding, and for me that means Fall/Winter plots that provide quality forage through June, Summer food plots, timber thinning and burning and mineral licks.

I think it is fair to say that most people use corn feeders to try to train deer to go to a certain area for hunting purposes and not to actually help the deers nutrition. I think the nutrition argument for corn feeding is silly nonsense and just subterfuge for what is really the purpose: train deer to go to a certain area for hunting.

Respectfully! ~~

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter