Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: Skullworks
Originally Posted By: Remington270
I just don't think a 27 year old lady getting with a 17/18 year old boy is a big deal. And I do think the reverse is worse.

Why?

Because men are physically bigger and more intimidating. It's a double standard that I think is justified. The big question is whether something is actually consensual. I don't have a dog in this fight.

I don't see any difference in a male student and female student. I also think it is a joke of a law and is unconstitutional for a teacher to be charged with a crime for doing something that any other person walking down the street can do with impunity.

In Alabama if a person is 16, they can legally have consensual sex with any person in the world except a teacher. It doesn't even have to be a teacher in their school. A teacher legally, can not have sex with someone until they are 19. This in my opinion is going to end up in front of the supreme court. This is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. You can not treat one group of people different than the rest of the population. Doctors, lawyers, police officers, judge's legislatures, dentist, truck drivers, garbage men, even the governor can legally have sex with any person over the age of 16. But, get a teaching job and all the sudden, the age of consent becomes 19.

Last edited by doekiller; 03/24/17 05:40 AM.