How did I miss this thread? Ive been told I'm a coffee snob. Lol. But i drink everything.

At Work: Folgers med or med/dark classic roast thru a black and decker coffee maker.

At Home: We buy whole beans fresh that we place in a sealed jar and sometime freeze to prevent oxidation of the beans. We buy our bean fresh roasted each week typically. Brazillian blend and French Roast blend. We grind the beans thru a conical burr grinder and then pull the expresso shot immediately. Taste of each shot is altered by bean selection (country of origin, roast etc) and grind fineness, tamp pressure, and temp of espresso maker group head. Coffee beans oxidize with exposure to air. This is accelerated once the bean is ground. That's why you should always pull the expresso shot or start the drip coffee immediately after the bean is ground. The aromatic oils (where your flavor comes from) of the bean break down with exposure to oxygen and heat. A burr style grinder with low speed gearing works best. Once the shot is pulled, then you can drink it however, straight espresso, add hot water to get a traditional cup of coffee (americano), or steamed milk for the latte crowd. This quality of coffee with attention to detail with knock the pants off of most coffee's you get even in a coffee house!

In the Field or at the Beach: I usually make Cuban style colada's using Pilon or Bustello. I use a MSR pocket rocket canister stove, with a stovetop style espresso pot similar to this ( Cafe Cubano ). Pilon is more acidic and a little harder to slam without the required dosage of sugar. But you need the sugar anyway to whip up the Crema. Bustello is definately smoother. As they say, Pilon is poor mans coffee, Bustello is rich mans cafe.

If your drinking Starbuck's.... well that's just extravagance with poor taste! grin