That's eggzactly how we do ours...no washing and in a basket on the counter until the basket is full, then wash, carton, refrigerate.

I've heard you can wash them, then store them at room temp. submerged in oil, and they'll keep a long time, too.

Another thing, lots of people use the "float test" to decide if an egg is good or not, but after being refrigerated for a long time, the egg will lose some moisture content through the shell...it'll still float, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I just crack each egg individually into a small bowl before adding it to whatever I'm doing. An older egg that's lost a lot of moisture will be thicker and won't necessarily just "plop" out of the shell, but it's still good. We still have some eggs we're using from last summer, and I haven't found a bad one in the lot, yet. Trying to get them used up-I'll boil a couple dozen at the time to make egg salad with. The two dozen I used in egg salad last month were washed and carton'd the last of May...all still good, though a couple were lighter than others.

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.