Originally Posted By: mman
Originally Posted By: scrape
Originally Posted By: AUstan23
So do the 120 years refer to the max age a man can live or a 120 year generation following the establishment of Israel (referring to scrape's post)? Or both? Because a lot of people in the Bible lived past that mark and verified/unverified people today have made it past that mark. I'm known as a religious skeptic on here so help me out.
In genesis 6:3 after the days of noah it says that mans days shall not exceed 120 years. before the flood people did live longer and I beleive they did. after the flood I take it to mean literally 120yrs

I think it is the time from God's declaration that he would destroy mankind and the time it actually happened. .

From what little I've read I think this is the correct interpretation. God wasn't saying man wouldn't live over 120 years after the flood because clearly there are several examples of people living longer than that. He was declaring he wouldn't tolerate the current state of man and his days were numbered at 120 years, meaning he would destroy the world in that time. Here is a link to explain it better than I can.

http://www.versebyverseministry.org/bible-answers

Last edited by bill; 03/18/17 01:29 PM.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard