Originally Posted By: capehorn24
Please explain the greenfield pic? Is that tecomate on one half and another blend of seed on the other half of field and we are showing the growing difference. If so then It makes a difference.

I planted buck forage oats, and a tri-mix on different fields and they looked that green also, they aren't that big.

No. I'm an over plower. Once I get on the tractor I have a hard time controlling myself.

I was going to post pictures of our other fields plus up close with the tomato cages to show the difference but they wouldn't load to Photobucket.

That particular field just happens to be the only field that isn't black gumbo. It's sandy soil and would grow rocks if we planted them. We don't really know why it is but we are guessing that it is wash out from the creek from many years of flooding and it's right behind the field and really low in that area.

The deer seem to really love this field over others. It maybe the seed or it could just be where it is located from their bedding and travel routes I don't know but we are guessing it's a little of both. The biggest difference we are seeing since we have been planting the Tecomate on a limited basis from our regular blend we buy is the growth after it's been hit hard from the deer grazing. Once again it could be the soil but it appears to do the same in the black gumbo even though it's not hit as hard due to its location. But that is what we were trying to change by using it. It's still a work in progress.

My hunting buddy is a long time farmer and he is sold on the difference. This area when they were row cropping grew it's share of beans and corn. So the land has been fertile ground in the past. But then again we lime and fertilizer as needed according to our soil test results. We keep records on Farm log as to planting times and germination plus rain amounts to see what fields are growing faster. As I said earlier that's the biggest difference I've seen so far.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!