Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Originally Posted By: blumsden
I don't understand the confusion about Supplemental Feed. Put it where you don't hunt, and feed the deer. That's really pretty simple.

because folks want to take advantage of the deer going to the "supplemental feed"...making it into "bait".

Exactly, no one wants to hunt where the deer aren't. They are going to go where the deer are.

The problem with that statement is NOBODY wants to HUNT and find where the deer are and go to where the deer are, they want to bait them to where they want them to be to make it easier to kill them.
It's the whole hunt, find, read sign and plan a strategy to kill a deer that most "hunters" can't, won't or refuse to do. They would much rather bait up a place they can easily get to and kill a deer, pat themselves on the back, brag around the water cooler and hurry to watch some football game instead of, dare I say it, hunt.
Baiting just needs to be legal cause hunting is just too incredibly hard and boring if I have to do all that other stuff! Jeesh!!

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope