Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
When all the NCAA's dirt on OM comes out, I just hope like heck that we find out that heifer Leanne Tuohy and her family is up to her neck in all of this.

I've got friend that has known Mrs. Tuohy for many years and says Sandra Bullocks portrayal of her is accurate on one side and it isn't the caring compassionate person that took in poor young Mr. Oher. When Bullock portrays her as a manipulative, controlling, my way or no way, my shite don't stink beotch, my friend says she has that part down perfect.

They took a LOOOOOTTTTTT of liberties with that movie. One of the biggest misconceptions that movie gave, and even Michael Oher himself criticized the movie for this, is giving the impression that he'd never played football before and they'd just discovered "a diamond in the rough" after taking him in. In reality, he was playing football (and basketball) long before they took him in and it was already obvious that he had a natural gift.

Maybe this is just me being cynical, but you'll never make me believe they would have been so quick to take him in had he been 5'9" and 150 lbs with average or below-average athletic ability....

They also made Freeze out to be a blooming idiot in the movie, and wouldn't even let him play himself...calling him "Bert Cotton", instead.

Freeze was actually in the movie, but not as himself. He had a very short cameo as a random Houston Nutt assistant at Arkansas.

How about that....I totally missed the cameo. They also changed the name of the highschool. Forget what they called it in the movie but the actual school was Briarcrest Christian School. They were on of my highschool's biggest rivals. also had a couple of cousins go there (several years before Oher) and have an aunt that teaches there.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft