Originally Posted By: Robert D.
Originally Posted By: blsmith
I thought that this was what the site was for

It IS, BUT............what you're asking is about like asking a bunch of 15 year old boys (when you were 15 also) which girl is likely to put out. If one of them knows, they want it for themselves. They have no reason to direct you toward it.

Nearly EVERY member on here is interested in or actively looking for land. They'd all like to know about some YOU know about, but if you'll read through here, there's VERY little posted offering any.

The best outlet for you to start is the first thread at the top, listing different companies with land for lease. Some of it turns over every year, and every year some people who have never leased before get their first property. The BEST thing is knowing people in the area you want to hunt. Probably 50% of the land leased on this state (that isn't owned by companies mentioned above, or Isn't hunted by family of the owners) is leased to FRIENDS of the landowners. Some of these properties NEVER come up for lease and barring ownership changes never will.

Access to places like that will never come from someone you don't know, who also doesn't know you recommending their friends place for you to check out. You may stumble upon something like that, but I suppose people get struck by lightning every year too, the likelihood of both is very similar.

I don't say all this to be a dick, but to temper your expectations more toward reality. Good hunting land has to be found, investigated, searched for and guarded carefully. There's way more people looking than there is (good) land available.

I started with a Soterra lease years ago. GOOD people (altough both the guys I dealt with are no longer there, one now works for Rayonier, Rebelman, he will treat you right, you'll just pay market price, every dang dime of it) and good properties for the most part.

Everything else I hunt comes from relationships I've spent the last 25 years developing. Nobody on a message board found them for me. Good luck. Get a plat book for the counties you want to hunt. Google the owners names. Try to find somebody who can give you an inside track, and look for what you want, like we've all done.

Originally Posted By: Robert D.
I don't say all this to be a dick

That's the only reason you made this post.

I had much rather be tried by twelve than carried to my grave by six!!!!