Originally Posted By: centralala
Originally Posted By: turkey247
The hunting club drama this has the potential to create will be epic.

You dang right!!! That was my first thought. 1 member putting out corn and another member finds and hunts it. And if he kills a deer over it....HOLY $&%#!!! Clubs will have to address this early and often. What about public land? GWs will be handling assault cases instead of baiting. rofl

Well, here's how it worked in Florida...

Let's say your hunting club is 3500 acres, with 20 members. Before the baiting law came into effect, everyone hunted the entire club...first come, first served.

Baiting law is legalized. People put out feeders in "secret" spots, with plans to hunt them opening morning. Come opening morning, they get to the club, and their "secret" spot is already signed out...ie, someone has found the feeder and plans to hunt it. The fight ensues. A miserable hunting season for all club members is endured...lots of fighting over "my" spot.

After season is over, club management develops a plan to avoid the same problems the next season. The club is broken up into "sections". Each member is given 2 small "private" sections in which they run their own private feeders. Members are only allowed to hunt their private section and club food plots. Some club members are overjoyed with their sections, some are just ok with theirs, and the other club members know they got the shaft. All members end up watching at the same two feeders all season long, year after year.

Kids getting into hunting go from learning how to scout...finding food sources, identifying travel patterns, searching for scrape and rub lines, etc...to learning how to open a bag of corn, pour it into a feeder, and making sure the battery is fresh.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?