Originally Posted By: Recurve
I am considering getting tested for allergies. Over the past 6-7 years and usually only later at night, my hands have started itching. When I say itch, I mean a burning itch. It’s bad enough that it will wake me up and nothing except that Eucerin skin calming junk will help it. That’s when I’m lucky. Sometimes the Eucerin won’t even help. I’ve tried Benadryl and cortisone cream and it won’t touch it. Before I spend a small fortune to possibly find out it isn’t an allergy, I wanted to see if any of you have had this problem and did find out it was an allergy. This isn’t an every night thing, but it’s gotten to the point of being common enough now that I’ve had about all I can take.

Does this itching you have seem like it's not just on the surface of the skin? Do you sometimes rub your hands across the corners of furniture or door facings very briskly trying to get even a minute bit of relief to no avail? Does it feel like the very marrow in the bones of your hands are infested with chiggers and poison ivy?

If so, I feel your pain. The very same pain or itch that is. I have never been to the Dr. about it, but have threatened to do so many times. Cortisone, Benadryl, nor anything else will begin to touch it. It doesn't seem to matter if it's day or night for me, only that once it sets in, it will drive me crazy for hours.

With me, I really think it is brought on by stress, but I'm not even sure that is the cause, but I do seem to have the incessant itching during stressful times. If yours sounds like what I described, and you discover what is causing it, I would be very interested in knowing also.