Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Mine first. 30 years ago I got hold of some 60 gr bullets for my 25/06, but couldn't find any loading data. I had data for a 75gr bullet, so I just figgered out a load for the 60gr. Minor problem...I ha da can of 4350 sitting right nest to the powder thrower, BUT there was a much faster powder IN the hopper. loco

Got one loaded and went to shoot it to look at pressure signs. rolleyes Glasses in ear muffs in place I touched her off. Loud BOOM, kicked like a 378Weatherby, and chitt flew back into my face. DAMN. Bolt wouldn't open. I stood on the gun and my bud kicked the bolt open. Primer was GONE, as in nottobeseen...case head was polished smooth, no writing that was there just minutes before. A little hot it seems.. slap I'd a like a slowmo of that bullet going down range.

Took a little while to figger out what stupid chitt I had done back at the bench. I figgered that load was something like 30% above max load. shocked shocked I was, however, impressed by the strength of that Rem 700 action.

There was a thread on here a couple years ago where a guy from another board posted his screw up. He had confused pistol powder for rifle powder and the first round from his brand new rifle, yielded horrendous results. The rifle was blown apart at the action, the sock and scope were blown in half and there was a pile of shrapnel. You can imagine was his trigger hand looked like too! I saved the link to the pic, but it was removed. I used it to show folks what could happen if you get complacent.

There are two types of gun enthusiasts ... Those who have been F#CKED by PTG and those who will be!

~ unknown