Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: Recurve
Originally Posted By: Geno
I want to say I got a little over 200 with a 60lb damon howatt mamba made in the 1960s with the lightest arrows I could shoot from it.

That light arrows for speed experiment didn't last long. I went back to a heavier arrow/broadhead setup and was shooting in the high 170s. My draw length is 28".

I feel like the light arrows were at least a part of why the limb tip delaminated on it a couple of years ago.

Going to light will damage limbs so that is probably what happened. I know plenty of guys could be getting 200+ with a recurve, its just not advisable due to the set up you would have to get the 200+.

High end ILF limbs,and not all of those, are the only limbs I know of designed to shoot 4-5 gpp. Even so 9gpp and up is always easier on a bow.

That is correct. I've never owned an ILF, but I am sure it would still be better with a heavier arrow.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan