We don't see any T-45's into our airport here, although we do see a lot of the Navy's piston engine trainers and a turboprop trainer from the AF a lot, along with Hueys, Kiowas, Blackhawks, Chinooks, and Ospreys. Airport's about 2.5 miles down the road from the house, so we see trainers on short final for fuel stops every day.

Originally Posted By: JA

Back in my younger crazy days, I flew low level missions in an F-4 at 250 ft and 480 knots. Certainly kept your attention laugh

About 25 or so years ago, a buddy and I were fishing on the Alabama a couple miles downstream of the dam at Miller's Ferry. We'd been hearing fighters overhead all morning, and Tim asked me what they were doing. I told him they were probably training...gearing up for some dogfighting. About 20 minutes later, a pair of F-16's passed overhead about 3000' or so, heading south, and about 5 minutes behind them, a Phantom came ROARING down the river...I mean low, as in, below the treeline on the riverbanks, maybe 50' off the river! Jinking REAL hard following the river, and hopping just over the treeline for the turns he couldn't make. Tim asked what the hell he was doing...I told him I expected he was probably sneaking up on those 2 Falcons that flew by a few minutes ago!

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.