Yes, I referred one to our tracking Facebook page…..another one was a neighbor of mine that was looking for what he called a “cull buck”. When I told him about Otis needing to rest he said just don’t worry about it…..The last one didn’t seem to happy when I told him I couldn’t come out. The conversation never made it to referrals. grin

This morning’s first track was exciting. Otis picked right up on the trail and led us another 400-500 yards up the creek branch. We came to a little thicket and Otis started pointing and indicating that the deer was in the thicket. The hunter was carrying a shotgun loaded with buckshot. I called Otis back to me and told the hunter to ease up to that thicket with his gun and be ready to shoot. Sure enough about the time he got in there….”Booooom!!!!”……….

……Buuut he missed. frown He said the deer was actually still about 30 yards from him and it was going away from him in some really thick stuff when it jumped. I sent Otis back on its track but we never caught up to it again. We went another 400-500 yards to the property line and called it off. I figure this one was just another low leg hit. This was 24 hrs after the shot so the deer had plenty of time to weaken if it would have been a hit in the body cavity.

Got one more track later this afternoon for Grandad and granddaughter. I hope this one is laying out there dead somewhere. Too dang many live deer situations here lately. To be continued....... smile

Last edited by CNC; 01/17/17 07:24 AM.

We dont rent pigs