Originally Posted By: Joe4majors
Originally Posted By: Frankie
Originally Posted By: Joe4majors
Originally Posted By: Frankie
let me ask y'all this . what harm does it do to kill a true cull buck ?

My argument is that killing a "true cull buck" doesn't do a ton of good. The idea that this buck is going around corrupting the gene pool ("owning all the does") is ridiculous. My concern is that this mindset is going to result in folks shooting young "imperfect" racked deer claiming it's a cull, when some high percentage of them would have grown into nice mature buck if they had the chance to mature. How do you accurately define a "true cull buck?" Seems to me you wouldn't know for sure until they are already mature. If you want to shoot a mature buck with a messed up rack, do so by all means, I just don't think any significant improvement to the deer herd has occurred.

my point ,,, it wont hurt it either . if you have better looking bucks let them breed

this is what i would define as a cull buck .>>>>>>

My point is that 4 out of 5 hunters won't shoot a "true cull buck" because they can't judge off the hoof like jawbone stated. The harm is young deer get shot that would have been "better looking bucks" the next year.

i got you that's true but it would harm nothing if a true cull buck was killed .