Originally Posted By: Blessed
Go back and look at Florida State against Notre Dame a few years ago , Notre Dame runs a pick play and scores a TD to win but the flag was thrown for illegal pick and Florida State won the game .
A offensive wide reciever cannot engage a DB unless the throw is behind the line of scrimmage so the officials clearly let 2 illegal plays stand last night with both resulting in TD's for Clemson .

Actually, the DB initiated contact with the receiver on both of those plays. In fact, the NCAA coordinator of officials said that very thing this morning. He tackled the receiver...which I personally believe is what Bama was trying to do to force Clemson to have to kick a FG.
The ND/FSU play was much different. The ND receiver fired off the line and blocked the FSU db like it was a run play. Never made an attempt to look like he was running a route and never looked back for the ball.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry