Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
I never whined to get the season extended in NA, but I'm glad it did get extended.

Those of you who already get to hunt the rut seem to be the ones most against the season extension. What if the state decided to close the season from mid December - mid January? It wouldn't bother me any and would actually help me I'd guess, but I'd imagine that wouldn't sit too well with those of you who's deer rut during that time.

So why should you be able to hunt the rut, but I shouldn't be?

The same applies to the doe season. We don't have enough deer to say Grace over, so cutting the season back is the correct biological thing to do in my area.

If the shoe were on the other foot how would you feel about it 2Dogs? Serious question, not trying to be a smart ass.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but there's plenty of people who are benefiting from the changes made by the state.

As far as Chuck Sikes and his comments about landowners, he should be removed from office for making a statement like that.

If they can have doe zones with different dates and areas , they can have buck time zones as well. But the $ to be made in a high fence is from shooting bucks, Dr. Warbucks doesn't want to shoot does. There are high fence operations all over the state , they want a 4 month season. It didn't have anything to do with a couple of small areas hunting the rut or they would have done it years ago. Lets make a deal and $$$$$$ my friend. Chuck Sykes will piss down yer back and tell you it's rainin'.

That is just plain stupid!! As I have said many times before, make the high fenced deer private property like a fenced in cow. Shoot your deer or cow anytime of year or day/night, remove the WFF from over them and let the USDA take it over.

The GW's are caught in the middle. But they ain't seen nothing yet...and neither have the hunters. I see next year the GW's pushed from the top to give tickets any way possible to drive home the message of Game Check. This will include questionable tactics such as the roadblocks. The GWs will be in a difficult position.