Originally Posted By: TensawRiver
I tried to stay out of it but I’ll say my piece. What’s wrong with deer hunting, turkey hunting, fishing, four wheeler ridding, mud ridding, ridding the dirt roads out in the country with the windows down and the radio blastin with the kids on the back of truck and a good lookin lady slid up next to you is this………. All them dang tv shows!! All them scent loc, real tree no scent bubble gum chewing, scent killin spray bottle toting, night/evening huntin, $10,000 side by side, $20,000 bass boat, 15 rod and reel and the endless list of idiots..
Fellow can’t even pull off the side of the road and take a piss without someone wanting to hang him from the highest dang tree cause he was on “my” land. Way back yonder years ago things were just so much different. Back in the 80’s when Mossy Oak Boys first started their Truth series and came out with the first pattern we used to enjoy watching some good ol boys cut up and have fun and kind sort of hunt like we did. As the years rolled on and the tv shows popped up and anything outdoors whether it was hunting, fishing or just enjoying walking around outside was commercialized people wasn’t brain washed. Now if you don’t talk the lingo, wear what’s trending, shoot what’s popular or drive the latest baddest ride somebody has got something to say about it.
When I was a kid here in north Baldwin you dang near sit 15 mins on a major highway (59) to allow herds of deer cross the road. Everybody drove around and spot lighted. There’s still lots of deer down here in Baldwin but there isn’t near the numbers as they was way back then. Did folks out law and kill some then? Yep I sure did. We didn’t kill em all the time cause ol Clem Parnell would catch you but us and others did kill some we didn’t get caught with. We couldn’t shoot everyone we saw but now you can and the numbers are way down. So common sense says you can kill em out or they would have never had to restock.
Kids were tough, we walked for miles behind dogs, with a head light, sit on the ground, climb a tree whatever we had to do. Grown folks made sure the kids got the best stands and killed something. Now a days kids can only sit in a box watching the grass die. They are not taught to hunt or fish, they are not taught respect nor patience or how to survive.
The outdoors has been a long tradition especially here in Alabama. We did it cause that’s who we was. Fun, meat and sometimes a big buck. We catfished all night long on the river, went frogging and hoped the grown folks would let us stand around and listen to them. I still live my life this same way. If it’s not your way fine. I’m not going to petition they make a law to make you. You live yours and I’ll live mine.
I know that don’t bode well with many but I never came here cause I needed a pal. You have Game Wardens on this site, you have Police officers on this site and problem is even when they tell you what the law is you act just like the folks they get called on every day. You want to argue with them and act like you know the law. When I was working I’d always told folks then why in the hell did you call me, lol! Can’t fix stupid and can’t legislate a law to fix brain washing by all the big tv elites.
I’m through, I’m going hutin, fishin or ridding down an old dirt road or something. A country boy can survive……….

shocked grin thumbup thumbup

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope